Sunday, October 14, 2007

Des photos de Paris

Here are some long-promised photos of Paris for you all. It is a beautiful day out without any clouds and very warm so once I finished cleaning my apartment today I set out for a little walk around the city.

This is the view right outside my front door toward a lovely little square with restaurants and shops called la Place Ste. Catherine:


Next up is the church off of the Rue de Rivoli, about 100 feet from my apartment. I can't find out the name of the church but it looks really old:


Now here are some nice photos of the Seine and various landmarks. The first picture is looking from the Right Bank toward the Ile St. Louis, which is one of the medieval islands in the middle of the Seine. The next picture is on a bridge between the Ile St. Louis and the Left Bank, looking toward the Ile de la Cité and Notre Dame:


I hope you enjoy! I'll post some more tomorrow. Let me know if you have any burning requests.

6 comments:

kinetic said...

Hooray! I heard from Levi that you were going to be in France. Nate and I are eating the last of the Fontaine-Walker wedding WBP beans this eve as part of pork chili. I am thrilled that you have a blog and will now be visiting obsessively. My blog is MUCH more dull, but I also have some pictures from exotic locales like "my house" and "Minneapolis". Much love,
le tegan

DSF said...

What is your blog??? I think Minneapolis must be a very exotic place. When I obsessively watched HGTV back in the day when I had cable, they were always featuring lovely houses from Minneapolis.

Could-be-a-model said...

I would like to see pictures of wine and cheese. Mostly cheese, but some wine.

DSF said...

I shall compose a still life of wine and cheese this evening!

your small american said...

That church does look old.

I want to see pictures of World War II ruins or other WWII stuff.

I finally watched Wings of Desire (Aaron recommended a long time ago to me) last night. I missed Berlin a lot. But the movie is kind of boring, though visually stunning, you know? I mean, who has an interior monologue like that?

Woops, I went off on a tangent.

kinetic said...

Well, you're lucky I just unlocked my just-for-fake-cousins blog because ONE of my fake cousins complained about having to type in "www.chicketycheckitout.blogspot.com" every time she needed a dose of bullshit, tripe, or inanity. Crybaby. It's open to the public until I have to try to get a job in the school system--then I might have to temporarily lock it back up again. It's full of very subversive stuff.

And I suppose you are right--I just read an article about a man who got the first Wee House (R) in the MPLS area. I'm simultaneously happy and miffed (because Nate and I were going to be the first in the city to get a Wee House (R)).