Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why I love malamutes and colonial archives

How can you resist this beautiful puppydog? He looks just like my former dog Brandy.


See more pics here: The Daily Puppy

I just got back from Aix-en-Provence, which was unfortunately almost as cold as it has been in Paris. The colonial archives are, however, possibly the most pleasant archives in the entire world. The reading rooms have lots of light and are comfortable, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. And best of all, they have an incredibly liberal digital photo policy! It could only be better if the words "secret archives" were carved in stone over the entrance. However, this is the picture at the entrance to these archives:


If you can't read French slang, it says that the archives are an "anti-fascist zone," which is comforting. It's never good to have fascists in the archives.

Now I'm on my vacation, although I have to kill a few days before Aaron arrives. But I will take lots of pictures of us so that you can see my excellent new beret!

Bonnes fêtes à tous!

1 comment:

your small american said...

Wow, cool wall mural! Down with fascism and up with fluffy dogs!