Tuesday, November 27, 2007

How to dislocate ribs

A step by step guide by my sister Robin...

Robin's blog

I went to the Sorbonne today but would have had to cross the student picket line to go to class. Didn't seem worth it so once again the strike has foiled my attempts to be a good graduate student.

At least the suburbs are on fire again. I came to France in a good year!

Language embarassment of the day: I was trying to fix the printer in the office of my archive and I mixed up the word "brouillon" with the word "brouillard." Instead of saying that there was "scratch paper" in the printer, I said that there was "fog" in the printer and that was the message that circulated the building until the computer technician came in to fix it. Normally my humiliations are just in my own head but this one will last for many more weeks I'm sure. Oh well.

I'll write more in a few days once I get this other grant proposal in hand... why do I want to go to Algeria again??

5 comments:

Could-be-a-model said...

Because I judge you based on the stamps in your passport?

kinetic said...

Don't worry, as long as you're still sporting vogue scarlet outerwear, I'll hold my judgement on the passport stamps (oh, and also because the 1 time I went abroad, they totally wouldn't stamp my passport. Rip off. So now I can't judge anyone. Dbl Rip.)

If you were listening to NPR, you'd be hearing about yourself every day, by the way. Well, at least that's how *I* am framing the reports. "Prez S., the parents of deceased ragamuffins, and top aide, DF, met at the prez rez yesterday..."

DSF said...

Intriguing... am I the minister of the interior or of something more fun like the minister of Hermès scarves. And who knew that NPR could play the race war as well as the French!

At the moment my best passport stamp is from Poland (or Iceland?) but this passport will very soon expire so I can restart my travel adventures.

Oh CBAM you have Russia and Israel so you'll always beat me in the passport stamp contest, and you had the bruises to prove it!

Could-be-a-model said...

I just did my bit for Zionism. And almost had, as Schnookums so eloquently put it, a knuckle-dragging, barely English speaking, baby brute.

your small american said...

Did they show up ready to fix the fog in the printer? Like, with a fog lamp?